본문영역 바로가기 메인메뉴 바로가기 하단링크 바로가기

KISDI 정보통신정책연구원

KISDI 정보통신정책연구원

검색 검색 메뉴

KISDI News

• KISDI offers a career exploration education program to students in the Chungcheongbuk-do

• Pub date 2021-06-09
    • File There are no registered files.

As part of KISDI's ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Management Promotion Plan, KISDI (President Kwon Ho-yeol) launched an ICT career exploration education program for students in the Chungcheongbuk-do with the aim of supporting local community development. Hosted by KISDI, this program involved the participation of a number of local organizations including the Far East University and the Chungbuk Innovation City Development Promotion Team. The program is offered in coordination with the high school credit system run by the Eumsong Office of Education.

The education program will be provided to students in five separate sessions. This event (June 9) is the second session to be held, following on from the first on held on May 12 (Wednesday). Before the formal adoption of the high school credit system in 2025, programs like this provided in-depth ICT-related education to students in the local community. In that sense, the program's ripple effect on the training of human talents and regional development will be tremendous.

Furthermore, the program was run in a format designed to encourage experts and students to participate in discussions on such topics as ‘Understanding the Fourth Industrial Revolution’, ‘Exploring the Career of a Hacking Security Expert’, and ‘Requirements of Human Talents for the Convergence Era’.

One of the participating students had this to say about the program: “Thanks to this lecture, I have learned that past failure can be a foundation for success, which has given me confidence. At a time in my life when I felt that the path to my dreams was somewhat daunting, the program presented an opportunity to concretize my life goals.”

KISDI plans to provide high school students with diverse perspectives on their dreams about the future, jobs in the era of Industry 4.0, and the ICT industry. It also plans to provide professional knowledge through in-depth education.