ICT데이터사이언스연구본부 부서소개 시작
ICT Data Science Research Division
The ICT Data Science Research Division conducts research on method for timely and precise statistic information gathering and establishment for efficient statistical information-gathering system. This is to effectively support policy making in response to rapidly changing ICT market. To make efficient statistical information gathering system, the division conducts research and tasks such as: establishing ICT statistical map which is subdivided to sectors (i.e. production, consumption, application, foundation, etc.), Improving ICT statistics classification systems, and reinforcing the consistency of survey designs. Furthermore, the division provides consulting and technical support such as ICT statistics diagnosis, and informative analysis, based on applicable statistical information.
Department of ICT Statistical Information Research
- The division produces statistical information based on ICT and media, and it established statistical information systems (KIDSI STAT, ITSTAT) in order to provide means to collect, analyze, and utilize ICT industry and media related statistical information.
Center for Future Forecasting
- the division conducts research on analysis methodologies and establishment of shared platform for data-based future prediction and policy support.
- It also researches data science methodologies such as Big-data based ontology and building analytic platform.
- Furthermore, it develops an integrated national social progress index to support data-based predictions for state affairs.
Key Research Areas
- 01Strategies to advance ICT statistics
- 02Measures to improve ICT statistical classification
- 03Evaluation of the contribution and quality of ICT statistics survey
- 04Analysis of ICT and Internet economy-related statistics
- 05Strategies to innovate the ICT statistics production system, while considering changes in the survey sector
- 06In-depth research on the improvement of national statistics management system, for enhancing policy support
- 07Methods to manage national approval of application statistics, of big data
- 08Development of big data analysis and prediction model to support ICT policy
- 09Directing promotional strategy for data-based future prediction policy support projects of the National Research Council of Economics, Humanities, and Social Science
- 10Production of state-approved statistics in media (Korea media panel survey, factual survey of broadcasting industries, and survey of consumption of broadcasting media)
- 11Establishing and operating IT statistics portal (ITSTAT) and media statistics information system (KISDI STAT)
- 12Publication of the KISDI STAT Report
- 13ICT industry Policy direction, based on an analysis of macroeconomic effects
- 14ICT market forecast